Peanut Butter-Banana Bread Pudding
Peanut butter chips evenly distribute little bursts of peanut butter goodness throughout this dessert.
- 3 cups day-old bread cubes (1-inch) (about 3 slices)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced (1 to 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (6 oz.)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350F. Combine bread, bananas and chips in greased 9-inch square baking dish; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Pour over bread mixture.
- Bake in center of 350F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Make Ahead Option: Prepare recipe through step 2. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Increase baking time.
Calories from Fat 125 (34%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.