Peanutty Noodles with Chicken
This dish could easily be made with shrimp or pork in place of the chicken. Great as a main dish; or omit the chicken and serve as a side dish.
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 Tbs teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, natural-style (no added fat or sugar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or hot chili oil)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Cook linguine in a large pot of rapidly boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, grill, broil or microwave chicken brushed with teriyaki sauce.
- In a small saucepan, heat one tsp oil (5mL) over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes; mix well and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove peanut sauce from heat and keep warm.
- Heat one tsp oil in a large skillet or wok. Add carrots and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add red pepper and continue stir frying until tender. Remove from heat
- Combine vegetables, linguine and peanut sauce in a large bowl.
- Portion linguine onto plates. Cut hot chicken into strips and lay on top of pasta.
Calories from Fat 91 (27%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.