Pear PB&J Bouquet
Kids will love this colorful, fun, and fruity take on the classic PB&J. Get kids involved in the kitchen, and let them help you make this recipe!
- 1 Bartlett or Anjou pear
- 8 tsp peanut butter
- 4 tsp strawberry preserves
- 8 slices whole grain wheat bread
- Use flower-shaped cookie cutter to cut each slice of bread. If bread sticks to cutter, gently push the petals out with your fingers.
- Wash the pear and dry it with a paper towel. Cut the pear in half, and remove the core. Cut each pear half into four slices, then cut each slice into five pieces. Use the center three pieces of each slice. You can save the end pieces for a snack, later.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, in a circle, in the center of each of the flowers.
- Place 3 pieces of pear on the peanut butter on each flower. Arrange the pears so the skin is facing out and the white centers are touching in the middle.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry preserves in the center of each flower and over the pears.
Calories from Fat 34 (29%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.