Pecan Encrusted Chicken with Sweet Potato Chutney
Bring a taste of the South to your table with chicken coated in pecans; served up with a side of sweet potatoes and mint.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups coarsely ground toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- mint sprigs
- lemon slices
- red jalapeno peppers
- Sweet Potato Chutney (recipe follows):1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbs minced mint
- In shallow dish, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and dredge to coat. In another dish, beat eggs and stir in milk. In another dish, place ground pecans. Dip chicken in egg mixture; then dredge in pecans.
- In large frypan, place canola oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, 3 pieces at a time, and cook for about 6 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer chicken to plate and keep warm while repeating cooking process with remaining breasts.
- To serve, put 1/2 cup Sweet Potato Chutney (recipe below) on each dish and place chicken next to it. Garnish with mint sprig, lemon slices and red jalapeno peppers.
- Sweet Potato Chutney:In large saucepan over medium high heat, place 1 large yellow onion, chopped; 4 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes; 1/4 cup champagne vinegar; 1/4 cup sugar; 1/3 cup dried cranberries; 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger; 4 cloves garlic, minced; 1 tablespoons curry powder; and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons minced mint.
Calories from Fat 424 (56%)
(76%)Total Fat 49g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 27g
Total Carbohydrate 59g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.