Traditional Pecan Pie
Pecans are traditional in this popular cousin of the custard pie, but you can try it with other favorites like walnuts, almonds, or cashews.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 basic baked piecrust, cooled
- Heat oven to 350F. Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt in medium bowl until well blended.
- Arrange pecan halves evenly in bottom of piecrust. Carefully Pour egg mixture over pecans.
- Bake in center of 350F oven until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Calories from Fat 312 (53%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 65g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.