Pesto is super easy because it doesn't involve cooking. Whip this up while the pasta is on the stove for a quick and easy meal.
- 2 cups fresh basil, stemmed
- 2 Tbs toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- In a small pan, toast pine nuts on medium high for about a minute or until they are golden brown.
- Combine fresh basil, pine nuts, oregano, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor until well pureed.
- Slowly add 1 Tbs of olive oil at a time, blending each round until all ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth.
Calories from Fat 58 (89%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.