Pistachio Crusted Rainbow Trout with Cilantro Citrus Hollandaise
The crunchy fried rainbow trout pairs wonderfully with the vibrant citrus hollandaise sauce.
- 3 cups finely chopped roasted and shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 8 ounces rainbow trout fillets
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- flour, as needed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup clarified butter
- Cilantro Citrus Hollandaise4 egg yolks
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 2 Tbs grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 cups clarified butter
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together pistachio nuts and cilantro; add salt (adjust amount based on salt content of nuts) and pepper. Reserve.
- Sprinkle 1 fillet with 1 teaspoon lime juice; dredge in flour. Dip in egg; coat with reserved pistachio mixture. Place on a hot lightly oiled griddle or saute pan flesh-side down; drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter. Saute until just done, about 2 minutes per side.
- Split butterfly fillet; overlap on plate. Ladle 1 ounce hollandaise sauce over fillets.
- Cilantro Citrus HollandaiseWhisk together 4 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons each lime, orange, and grapefruit juice. Whisk over a bain-marie (water bath) until sauce is light and fluffy. Away from heat, slowly whisk 1 1/2 cups clarified butter. Season with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste; keep warm.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 521 (65%)
(92%)Total Fat 60g
(131%)Saturated Fat 26g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.