This cake is equally good as coffeecake or as dessert. Serve warm or cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1- 1/2 cups diced fresh plums (about 8 oz.), divided
- Heat oven to 375F. Beat butter and sugar in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well-blended.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add to egg mixture; beat on low speed until smooth. Fold in 3/4 cup of the plums. Spread batter in greased 9-inch round baking pan. Top with remaining plums.
- Bake in 375F oven until top is lightly browned and center springs back when lightly tapped with finger, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Calories from Fat 126 (46%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.