Pomegranate Roasted Leg of Lamb
A simple mixture of pomegranate, balsamic, garlic, rosemary, and other seasonings adds a subtle flavor to the lamb.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs coarse grated onion
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 to 4- 1/2 lbs lamb leg, boned, rolled and tied
- In small bowl whisk together all ingredients except lamb leg. Place lamb on roasting rack in roasting pan. Baste lamb every 15 minutes and roast at 350ºF for 20 minutes per pound or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium and 170ºF for well.
- Remove from oven, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 93 (39%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.