Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Skip the take out tonight. Have the family help prep veggies to assemble this quick stir-fry.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- cooked rice, (optional)
- Partially freeze pork; slice across grain into 1/4-inch slices. Clean broccoli, slice stalks into 1/4-inch slices; cut off the flowerettes. Remove stem and seeds from pepper and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, oyster-flavored sauce, soy sauce, and ginger; set aside. Pour oil around top of preheated wok to cover sides. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, broccoli stalks, pepper and garlic; stir-fry 4 minutes or until pork is browned. Add broccoli flowerettes, mushrooms and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth mixture; gradually add to wok, mix well. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 68 (40%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.