Pork and Onions with Wild Rice
- 6 green onions
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp kitchen browning sauce
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounce) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice
- 1- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Cut white part of green onions in 1-inch lengths; thinly slice green tops and set aside. Combine white onion with pork cubes, browning sauce and about half of rice seasoning packet in microwave-safe 1-quart casserole. Marinate 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine remaining rice seasoning packet, rice, water and cumin in microwave-safe 2-quart casserole; cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave (High) 4-5 minutes or until rice is hot and slightly cooked. Let stand covered about 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Microwave pork mixture, covered with waxed paper, on High 5-6 minutes, stirring after each 2 minutes, until pork is done. Stir in green onion tops. Fluff rice with a fork and push towards edges of casserole. Spoon pork into center of rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 22 (10%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.