Pork and Pecan Salad with Honey-Balsamic Dressing
With strawberries available all year, this salad can be enjoyed any time---but it's best at a summer celebration supper.
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn (Boston or Bibb lettuce)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil. Cook, turning to brown evenly, until just done, 8-10 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F. Remove chops from skillet and keep warm. Add any remaining oil to skillet and quickly saute garlic until tender, 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add honey and vinegar, cook and stir one minute or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, strawberries, celery and vinegar mixture. Divide lettuce mixture among individual plates. Slice pork chops, spread evenly over salads. Garnish with pecans.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 116 (39%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.