Pork and Red Chile Stir-Fry
The amount of garlic, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper can easily be adjusted in this stir-fry to suit your family's tastes.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into stir-fry strips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths or 1 10-oz pkg. frozen cut green beans
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat; add pork strips and garlic and cook and stir until pork is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add green beans; stir-fry until beans and pork are tender, about 5 minutes. Push the meat and beans to one side of skillet. Add sugar, soy sauce, red pepper and ginger; stir to dissolve sugar. Add sesame oil and vinegar. Stir to coat meat and beans.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Good over crunchy noodles.
Calories from Fat 55 (28%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.