- 4 stalks celery
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash ground allspice
- 1- 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cooking apples, cored, quartered and cut in half crosswise
- Cut celery into 1-inch pieces. In a small saucepan cook, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and refrigerate.
- For marinade, in a small saucepan combine pineapple juice, oil, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Place pork in a shallow dish; pour marinade over pork. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. On six 12-inch skewers thread pork cubes and celery, allowing space between cubes. Grill over medium coals about 10 minutes; turning frequently. Push cubes together; thread apple on skewers; grill an additional 5 minutes, brushing with marinade.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 116 (41%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.