Pork, Brown Rice, Cherry, and Pecan Salad
Much of this one-dish luncheon or supper can be prepared in advanced if you know you'll be crunched for time.
- 4 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange zest, grated
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- leaf lettuce
- Heat one tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Stir-fry pork strips until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. In a small bowl stir together remaining oil, lemon juice, orange zest, sugar and salt. In a medium bowl, toss together rice, oranges, pecans and cherries with dressing. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter, mound rice in center, top with pork strips and garnish with extra chopped pecans, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Cook rice, section oranges, chop pecans, and cherries, stir together dressing. Simple stir-fry pork at the last minute. Serve with warm dinner rolls.
Calories from Fat 92 (30%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.