Pork Burgers on Sandwich Buns
Fight burger boredom! Use ground pork instead, and bring out all your favorite condiments to build your own burger.
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- seasoned pepper
- 4 large soft sandwich buns
- Divide pork into four portions and shape into patties about 3/4-inch thick, handling meat as little as possible. Sprinkle both sides of patties with seasoned pepper. Grill over direct heat over medium-hot fire 5 minutes per side, turning once, until an instant read thermometer reads 160 F. Serve immediately on buns with favorite condiments.
- For regional burgers, top withSanta Fe Burger -- Fresh guacamole, spicy salsa and chile peppers. Serve open-faced on corn bread.
- Georgia Burger -- Fresh peach slices and crispy strips of bacon. Serve on a honey-wheat roll.
- Pacific Burger -- Sunflower seeds, grilled pineapple slice and honey Dijon-style mustard. Serve on sourdough bread.
- For international burgers, top withCaribbean Burger -- Mango slices, hot pepper sauce, slices of red onion and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with olive oil.
- Mediterranean Burger -- A mixture of plain yogurt, chopped fresh dill and chopped cucumber. Serve in a pita bread pocket.
- Italian Burger -- A dab of pesto and a mix of shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and provolone cheeses. Serve on focaccia.
- Thai Burger -- A peanut sauce mixture made from peanut butter, hot pepper oil and a dash of soy sauce. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with hot pepper infused oil.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Nutrition Note: Nutrition is displayed only for the basic recipe, not the variations.
Calories from Fat 52 (20%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.