Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes
These overstuffed chops will delight your guests. Thai chili paste simplifies the flavoring of this down-home dish with melting-pot flavors.
- 4 loin chops, cut 3/4- to 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 cooked sweet potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 Tbs butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Rind of one lemon, grated
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Combine salt, pepper and flour in a shallow pie pan. Dredge the chops in flour mixture and brown in hot oil in frying pan. Remove chops to shallow baking dish, add sweet potatoes. In a saucepan, stir together remaining ingredients and simmer 3 minutes. Pour 3/4 cup sauce over chops and potatoes and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F., for 40 to 45 minutes. Baste during cooking time with remaining sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 72 (16%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 66g
(52%)Dietary Fiber 13g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.