Pork Cutlets with Garden Vegetables
- 1- 1/2 lbs pork cutlets
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chiles OR 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 cup julienne-cut zucchini
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oil in nonstick frypan. Brown pork cutlets over medium-high heat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, chile, garlic, lime juice, salt and cumin. Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in carrots, zucchini and raisins. Cover; simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in almonds.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 77 (31%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.