Portabella Bacon Lettuce Tomato Salad
A meal in itself! Mushrooms baked with basil and goat cheese are served with crispy bacon and fresh mixed greens.
- 4 slices bacon, halved
- 4 large fresh portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbs crumbled goat cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 4 thick slices
- 2 cups mixed greens (romaine, arugula, baby spinach)
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinaigrette
- chopped fresh basil (optional, garnish)
- Place bacon in single layer on one end of large rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 425 F for 3 minutes. Meanwhile brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Remove baking sheet and place mushrooms stem side down on other end of baking sheet. Bake for 4 minutes. Then remove baking sheet again and turn mushrooms over stem side up. Sprinkle evenly with basil, salt and pepper. Top each mushroom with 1 tbsp of goat cheese and a slice of tomato. Return to all to oven for 4-5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are soft and bacon is cooked. Meanwhile, toss greens and red onion with vinaigrette.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Place mushrooms on individual salad plates. Top each with 2 slices of bacon. Spoon salad mixture on top. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired and serve while warm.
Calories from Fat 88 (59%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.