Potato skins baked and filled with cheese, basil, and spinach. An Italian-style appetizer never tasted so delicious!
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 cups spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pierce the potatoes and microwave for 20 minutes or until tender when gently squeezed. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the leeks and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes more until the spinach is cooked and any liquid has been absorbed.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, leaving a 1/2-inch rim of potatoes in the skins.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk until smooth, then stir in the leeks, half the cheese, salt, and pepper. Lightly stir in the roasted peppers and basil.
- Place the potato skins onto a baking sheet and fill with the potato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
Calories from Fat 51 (36%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.