Puffy Chicken Chili Relleno
For a simple and tasty one dish meal, this chili relleno does the trick.
- cooking spray
- 3 to 4 (6-inch) reduced-fat or fat-free flour tortillas, torn into pieces
- 1 (6-ounce) package cooked chicken breast strips, chopped
- 2 (4-oz) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) jar prepared salsa
- 2 cups shredded 2% milk sharp Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350║F.
- With cooking spray, coat 2-quart baking dish. Spread torn tortillas in the bottom of dish. Layer chicken, chilies and 1 cup onions on top of tortillas. Spread salsa as the next layer; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk and flour. Pour evenly into baking dish. Bake until golden, puffy and center reaches 160║F, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Serve topped with sour cream and reserved 2 tablespoons green onions, if desired.
Calories from Fat 131 (43%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.