Quick Barbecued Ribs
- 1 lb boneless country-style pork ribs
- Kitchen browning sauce OR microwave browning powder
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, bottled or homemade
- Cut ribs in pieces not larger than 1 x 1 x 3 inches. If desired, brush pieces with browning sauce or powder.
- Place ribs in microwave-safe 9x9-inch pie plate, arranging thicker parts to outside edges of dish. Cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner. Microwave on Medium-Low (30% power, about 200 watts) 8 minutes, rotating dish as necessary for even cooking. Drain liquid.
- Turn ribs over and rearrange so least-cooked parts are to outside edges of dish; re-cover. Continue microwaving on Medium-Low 8 to 9 minutes or just until meat is no longer pink. Drain liquid; spoon barbecue sauce over ribs.
- Re-cover and microwave on Medium-Low 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Let stand, tightly covered, 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 90 (45%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.