Red Curry Coconut Rice with Pork
Curry the favor of your guests with this flavorful curry that adds scintillating taste to the relatively low-fat cut of pork tenderloin.
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple or 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Sliced red bell pepper (optional)
- Whisk together coconut milk and curry paste in small bowl; set aside. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Stir in pineapple; cook until heated. Add rice and coconut milk mixture, stir until well combined and heated through. Add basil and serve immediately. Garnish with bell pepper, if desired
Calories from Fat 90 (24%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.