Red Pepper Braised Short Ribs
Red wine, peppers, onions, and beef stock make a succulent sauce for these heart ribs.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs beef short ribs, cracked
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced (1-inch)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (1-inch)
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tbs chopped marjoram
- Heat oil in a large high-sided saute pan over medium-high heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Place ribs in pan and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side until well browned.
- Transfer browned ribs to a clean plate and stir peppers and onions into pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned, then pour in beef stock, red wine, olives and marjoram and bring to a boil.
- Return ribs to pan, cover and cook on a low simmer for 3 hours, turning meat every hour to evenly cook until meat is easily pulled from the bones.
Calories from Fat 305 (51%)
(52%)Total Fat 34g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.