Ribeye Roast with Dijon Crust and Roasted Green Beans
Complex flavor belies the simple preparation of this succulent roast.
- 1 well-trimmed beef ribeye roast, small end (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2- 1/3 cups cheese and garlic or Caesar croutons, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups crumbs), divided
- 1- 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Heat oven to 350F. Spread mustard evenly over all surfaces of beef roast. Press 1 cup crouton crumbs evenly onto roast over mustard.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile toss green beans with oil on metal baking sheet. Add remaining 1/4 cup crouton crumbs; toss to coat. Roast in 350F oven with beef roast 30 minutes.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135F for medium rare; 150F for medium. Increase oven temperature to 450F; continue roasting green beans 10 to 20 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
- Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10F to reach 145F for medium rare; 160F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices. Season beef and green beans with salt and pepper, as desired.
Calories from Fat 240 (69%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.