Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fall Fruit Salsa
Celebrate the best of the pear and plum seasons with tender chicken thighs alongside fall fruit salsa.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Fall Fruit Salsa:3 ripe pears, coarsely diced
- 4 ripe plums, coarsely diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbs basil, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, toss chicken thighs, olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Place chicken thighs in large roasting pan, skin side down. Roast 20 minutes. Turn thighs over to skin side up; roast an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, with an internal temperature of 180 F.
- While thighs roast, make Fall Fruit Salsa by combining all ingredients in large bowl. Mix gently and set aside at room temperature. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- To serve, place thighs on serving platter. Spoon salsa over each thigh; pass remaining salsa at table.
Calories from Fat 221 (50%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.