Roasted Pepper and Tortellini Soup
Rich Italian flavor without the fat. Serve with a whole grain bread and salad for a complete meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced (1/2 pound)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 29 oz chicken broth (two 14.5-ounce cans)
- 12 oz roasted red peppers (one jar), blended
- 12 oz tortellini, cheese-filled (fresh or frozen)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onions, sauteing for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Stir in Italian seasonings and chicken broth.
- While broth is heating, place roasted red peppers and their liquid in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add pureed peppers to chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in tortellini and cook uncovered until tortellini is done (about 4 to 8 minutes).
Calories from Fat 176 (29%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.