Roasted Red Pepper-Stuffed Mushrooms
The ultimate appetizer, this recipe combines Italian cheese with roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers.
- 24 oz white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 1 roasted red pepper, finely diced
- cloves from one roasted garlic bulb, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbs sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 8oz package of 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup Provolone, grated
- 1/4 cup Asiago, grated
- 1 Tbs Parmesan
- 1 Tbs Romano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbs mozzarella for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Lightly oil mushroom caps and place on a greased cookie sheet. Finely dice mushroom stems. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, cheeses, half the dried bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. Stir until well combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add diced mushroom stems and continue to saute for one minute. Stir in roasted garlic, olives, roasted red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Add sauteed vegetables to the reserved cream cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Scoop one tablespoon of mixture into prepared mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Calories from Fat 111 (53%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(29%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.