Roasted Rome and Feta Salad
Delicious Rome apples, a variety prized for its subtle flavor and firm flesh, are roasted and tossed with feta and bacon.
- 4 firm Rome apples, peeled and cut into six pieces
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 4 Tbs thinly sliced green onions
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Dressing2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with brown sugar. Spread in a single layer on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until apples begin to brown but are still firm enough to pick up with a fork; remove and cool.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, toss together mixed greens and onion; chill for 30 minutes.
- Shake together dressing ingredients in a small jar; set aside. Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss.
- Divide into four salad bowls. Divide bacon and cheese onto each, arrange six apple slices on each; serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 179 (56%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.