These flavorful vegetables are a meal in themselves or can be served as a side dish to a roasted meat or chicken. Leftovers are great either warm or cold.
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, red or yellow varieties (6 small potatoes), cut into 2-inch (5cm) pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 2-inch (5cm) pieces
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 8 garlic cloves, divided, minced
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 lb green beans, whole
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2-inch (5cm) pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2-inch (5cm) chunks
- 10 mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Wash and dry potatoes and carrots, cut into 2-inch (5cm) pieces. Place potatoes, carrots, shallots and half of the minced garlic in a bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp (15g) olive oil. Toss oil and vegetables, add marjoram and mix well.
- Spray two baking sheets with vegetable oil spray, divide and layer vegetables evenly on sheets. Place baking sheets in oven for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes and carrots are cooking. Wash and dry remaining vegetables. Cut red pepper and zucchini into 2-inch (5cm) pieces. Place vegetables in a bowl with clean mushrooms and drizzle with 1 Tbsp (15mL) olive oil, add remaining garlic and toss gently until blended.
- After potatoes and carrots have cooked for 30 minutes, remove from oven. Divide the green bean vegetable mixture between the two baking sheets. Mix vegetables with potatoes and carrots, forming a single layer on the baking sheet. Return to oven for another 15-20 minutes, cooking until tender.
- Experiment with this recipe and try seasonal vegetables such as eggplant, yellow squash, turnips, broccoli and cauliflower.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 33 (24%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.