Rotini Pork Salad with Fresh Basil
This pasta salad with fragrant basil makes a great luncheon meal or even a contribution to your next potluck.
- 1 lb cooked pork loin roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 6 oz dry spiral-shaped pasta, (1 cup), cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, (3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, diced, (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Vinaigrette1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- For Vinaigrette: Stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; blend thoroughly. In small saucepan, bring remaining 3/4 cup water to boil; stir in cornstarch slurry; cook and stir to thicken. Remove from heat, cool completely and stir in remaining Vinaigrette ingredients. Store in refrigerator if made ahead.
- In large shallow serving bowl, toss together all salad ingredients. Dress salad with Vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: Wait until the last minute to toss with the dressing.
Calories from Fat 146 (32%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.