Santa Fe Chops with Firecracker Salsa
Southwest-seasoned chops arrive from the grill to be dressed with a sweet-hot pineapple-jalapeno-cucumber salsa.
- 6 boneless pork center loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Firecracker Salsa1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile)
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- pinch salt
- In small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Rub evenly onto both sides of chops. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a kettle-style grill. Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12-15 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F. Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
- Firecracker SalsaIn small bowl stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt, and jalapeno chile. Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 66 (28%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.