Sauteed Pears with Vanilla Yogurt and Honey Peanuts
Filled with protein, fiber, and calcium, this fresh dish can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a simple dessert.
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 large pears, such as Bosc, Concorde, or Anjou, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- pinch of fine salt
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 cup low fat vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium high heat. Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of fine salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and yogurt; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- To serve, place the pears in a shallow bowl. Top with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle over peanuts. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 136 (34%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 61g
(36%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.