Scrambled Eggs & Lox Breakfast Bagels
A traditional bagel and lox breakfast gets an extra boost with the addition of perfectly cooked eggs.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 bagels, split, toasted
- 1/4 cup spreadable onion & chive cream cheese
- 4 thin slices smoked salmon (3 to 4 oz.)
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spread bagels with cream cheese. Top each with 1 salmon slice and 1/4 of the eggs.
Calories from Fat 117 (46%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.