Shaved Barbecue Beef Sandwiches with Spicy Slaw
This robust sandwich is loaded with all the right flavors-tangy barbecue sauce and juicy beef topped with a dollop of creamy homemade coleslaw.
- 1/3 cup smoky barbecue sauce plus additional for serving
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz sliced roast beef, cut into 2" 1/2"strips
- 2 Tbs reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 4 soft whole wheat rolls or sandwich buns
- In a small saucepan, bring the barbecue sauce and scallion to a simmer. Stir in the beef and bring to a bare simmer. Cover, remove from the heat, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, vinegar, honey, and pepper sauce until blended. Toss in the coleslaw until evenly coated with the dressing.
- Open up the rolls and spoon the beef mixture on the roll bottoms, dividing evenly. Spoon the slaw over the beef, dividing evenly, and cover with the roll tops. Serve with additional barbecue sauce, if you wish.
Copyright 2005 by Rodale Inc.
Calories from Fat 141 (35%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.