Shoulder Chops with Chipotle Cherry Sauce
Chipotle peppers, cherries, and a ruby red port add a rich, sweet heat to these delectable lamb chops.
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin or shoulder)
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup ruby red port
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo, canned, drained, minced
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, cook onion in butter for about 2 minutes. Add port and stir; simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/3. Stir in dried cherries, chicken stock, honey and thyme; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Thicken sauce by mixing 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and whisking into simmering mixture. Add chipotle peppers and salt.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil, grill or pan-fry chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Spoon warmed sauce over chops.
Calories from Fat 201 (42%)
(35%)Total Fat 22g
(52%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.