Shrimp and Rice Patties with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Not just delicious, shrimp is an excellent natural source of healthy omega-3s. And this mildly spicy recipe is sure to delight.
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain rice
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Combine cilantro, sour cream, jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor and puree until smooth(do not wipe clean). Spoon into bowl; refrigerate. Combine rice, shrimp, green onions, remaining salt and pepper in food processor; pulse until texture is coarse. Shape into 12 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden; remove. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed. Serve with sauce and lime wedges, if desired.
Calories from Fat 131 (38%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.