Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
Plump cherry tomatoes, sauteed just until their skin cracks, are the stars of this Greek-accented dish.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, or fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir with a wooden spoon until they just lose their raw color, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, oregano, and wine or broth. Cook, using a spoon to roll the tomatoes around, until most of the liquid has boiled off, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and cheese, and cook 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Copyright 2005 by Dana Jacobi
Calories from Fat 41 (28%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.