Slow-Cooker Lamb and Fig Stew
Lamb, yams, and figs add to the earthiness of this easy one-pot meal.
- 1- 1/2 lbs trimmed and cubed American lamb boneless leg or shoulder
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 lb red onions, trimmed and cut into narrow wedges
- 1- 1/2 lbs yams, pared and cubed
- 1 Tbs grated orange peel
- 1 cup dried figs, stemmed and halved
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup minced parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker, combine lamb, broth, wine, onions, yams and orange peel. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until lamb is tender. Stir in figs, flour and wine. Cook 45 minutes longer.
- If desired, add minced parsley and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Calories from Fat 36 (11%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.