Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Scallops
Impress your guests with bacon-wrapped seafood during your next gathering.
- 12 colossal (U/10) shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
- 12 sea scallops, whole, cleaned and dried
- 7 pieces smoked bacon, sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 red pepper, diced fine
- 1 red onion, diced fine
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 oz sunflower sprouts, trimmed
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 pieces roasted chipotle, pureed
- 1 oz capers, drained
- 8 oz mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper
- 3 lemons
- For the SkewersIn a hot saute pan quickly sear the bacon strip, set aside six pieces and dice the remaining two. Soak the bamboo skewers for an hour. Wrap the scallop with the bacon strips and then wrap the shrimp around the scallop. Do this twice for each Skewer. In a hot pan melt the butter then sear the peppers, onions and the two diced slices of bacon. Season with salt and pepper and toss in the sprouts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the MayonnaisePuree the chipotle peppers. In a bowl combine the chipotle, mayonnaise and capers. Season with salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon.
- To serve, rub oil on the skewers and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat keeping the exposed end of the skewer as far from the flame as possible. Drizzle the plate with the mayonnaise and sprinkle some of the pepper hash on top. Slice the lemon in two and grill the exposed side. Place on the plate and prop the skewer up on the lemon. Garnish with some cilantro or unheated sprouts and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 323 (80%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.