Snapper Vera Cruz
Any tender white fish will work in this recipe. Thicker fillets of fish will take a few minutes more of cooking time.
- 1 1/2 lbs red snapper, fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs capers, (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Dip snapper pieces in flour. Place snapper pieces in skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add onions to pan. Cook for 2 minutes, shaking pan to prevent sticking. Add tomatoes, capers, olives and bell pepper strips to fish, gently stirring while cooking.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes more. Add wine and bring to a gentle boil.
- Season with pepper and a pinch of salt, if desired. (Capers can be very salty, so take care not to oversalt).
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Calories from Fat 101 (27%)
(18%)Total Fat 11g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.