South American Garbonzo Salad
The buttery, nut-like taste of garbanzo beans makes an excellent base for this easy salad.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup olives, wedged
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garbonzo beans, olives, red bell peppers, green onions and cilantro. Mix in oil and vinegar, then gently toss in egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature.
Calories from Fat 45 (21%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.