Southwestern Pork and Pepper Stir-Fry
This simple, spicy stir-fry is also good served over hot rice or rolled up in a flour tortilla.
- 1/2 lb boneless pork stir-fry strips, (loin, fresh pork leg or tenderloin)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Toss pork strips with chili powder and cumin to coat evenly. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over high heat, stir-fry pork strips until nicely browned, about 4-6 minutes. Add onion and peppers to pan, cook and stir until onion is tender, about 3-4 minutes more.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh fruit.
Calories from Fat 59 (32%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.