Spanish Omelet with Olives & Red Pepper
Red peppers, garlic, and green olives add zest to this Spanish omelet recipe. Pepper Jack cheese adds a nice bit of heat.
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 Tbs chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbs chopped onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs shredded sharp Cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
- 1 Tbs sliced pitted green olives
- Heat butter in 7 to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Beat eggs, water and parsley in small bowl until blended. Pour into omelet pan. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Fold omelet in half with turner. With a quick flip of the wrist, turn pan and invert or slide omelet onto plate. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 176 (67%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.