Spiced Apple Cider
Spiced apple cider is great warm or cold and it's the perfect fall cocktail with a splash of dark rum and a cinnamon stick garnish.
- 4 cups freshly pressed apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 orange, sliced into discs
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbs maple syrup (optional)
- In a large nonreactive pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Line a collander with cheesecloth and strain the cider.
- Serve warm. Spike with dark rum if it's been one of those days.
Calories from Fat 6 (4%)
(1%)Total Fat 1g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.