Spicy Asian Seafood Soup
This soup of ginger, red chili flakes, and mussels will warm you to your core on a chilly day.
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 cup sliced scallions, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 14.5 oz cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 12 medium mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb bay scallops, rinsed
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Combine ginger, scallions, chili flakes and broth in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes over medium high flame.
- Stir seafood into pot and cover. Simmer over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until mussels open, scallops are opaque and shrimp turns pink. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 24 (14%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.