Spicy Sausage & Spinach Egg Croissants
Smoky Gouda and baby spinach pair with sausage and eggs inside a flaky croissant.
- 3 Italian sausage links (12 oz.)
- 3 oz baby spinach (3-1/2 cups)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 6 croissants, split
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese (3 oz.)
- Cook sausages in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes; remove from pan. Let cool slightly, then cut lengthwise in half.
- Clean pan. Coat with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add spinach; saute just until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon eggs onto croissant bottoms, dividing evenly. Top each with a sausage half, then with cheese. Cover with croissant tops.
Calories from Fat 290 (58%)
(49%)Total Fat 32g
(75%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.