Sundried Tomato Quiche in Crispy Potato Crust
For a twist on traditional quiche, try this savory version with a crispy potato crust.
- 4 eggs
- 1- 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) dried tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1- 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 oz.)
- Crispy Potatoe Crust: cooking spray
- 1 large baking potato, thinly sliced
- Crust:Heat oven to 425F. Coat deep 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in bottom and up sides of pan, overlapping slightly, to form crust. Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Bake in 425F oven until potatoes are lightly browned and slightly crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat eggs, cream, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven setting to 350F. Layer tomatoes, green onions, ham and cheese evenly in crust. Pour egg mixture slowly over cheese. Bake in center of 350F oven until center is almost set but jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 161 (34%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(100%)Saturated Fat 20g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.