Sunny Stacked Tortillas
This Mexican-inspired dish is savory, delicious and so simple to make!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- salt & pepper (optional)
- 3 flour tortillas (9-inch)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- 3/4 cup chopped ham or cooked, crumbled bacon (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oven to 375F. Beat eggs and buttermilk in medium bowl until blended.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spray bottom of 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Place one tortilla on the bottom. Top with half of the scrambled eggs, ˝ cup cheese and if desired, ˝ cup ham. Top with another tortilla and repeat layers of eggs, cheese and if desired, ham. Top with remaining tortilla and cheese.
- Bake in 375F oven until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 6 wedges. Serve with salsa.
Calories from Fat 225 (60%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(48%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.