Sweet and Sour Salmon
The tangy sauce adds just enough zest to bring out the flavor of the salmon. Serve with rice or couscous and a green vegetable.
- 2 cups canned tomatoes (one 15-ounce can)
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions
- 1 lb salmon steaks (four steaks)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Place tomatoes, brown sugar, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Break up tomatoes with a spoon; mix to combine all ingredients.
- Peel onions and slice into rings.
- Place salmon steaks in an attractive oven-proof dish. Layer onion rings on top of salmon. Pour tomato sauce on and around fish and onions.
- Bake fish for 15 minutes or until it is opaque in the middle.
Calories from Fat 112 (40%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.